Friday, September 24, 2010

Deployment has COME!






Stacey was deployed on Sept 21, 2010. I can't believe that the day finally arrived. We have been planning and waiting for the day to arrive, but it came! He had to be at the Idaho Falls airport at 5am. Which was incredibly early. My alarm went off at 3:45 am and I couldn't sleep anymore. I felt nervous, scared, sad, anxious and all other sorts of emotions. I wanted to lay in bed with Stacey all day but I Knew I couldn't.
My dad came over to watch Noah so I could say goodbye. I just didn't feel like Noah needed to come or I was being selfish and wanted Stacey to myself. We arrive at the 5 am. Of course, its the army, they weren't ready. And we waited outside so that the people could get ready for all of the soldiers checking in.
After Stacey got checked in and weighed all of his gear we waited. His flight wasn't until 8 am so we were there for a while. Well... to my dismay, they were going to start boarding the airplane at 7:15. We only found out moments before. So our goodbyes were short and to the point. Which I am grateful for actually... I didn't have too much time to get overly emotional. Stacey hugged me and held on.. OH MY GOSH I could have melted... He wispered that he loved me and other things. When he hugged his mother is when I got emotional.. I was thinking, "really? is this really happening???" and he was gone. They had a final formation of soldiers before boarding the airplane as they called thier names to make sure they didnt make a run for it. I was bawling like a baby by this point... A year is a VERY long time to be with out someone.. As they called his name, he turnaround and waived to me and his mom... then was gone.. I was heartbroken. I stood there crying my eyes out and praying that he would be okay. The airplane took forever to leave Idaho Falls... At this point I was like, come on leave already... Leave so that they could come home!!! But after 1 1/2 they took off and I watched with many other people as they disappeared.. The emotions started up again. So now, with him gone it is time for me to become a STRONG woman. I know God gave me and Stacey this trial so we can grow from this and hopefully grow more united. I am nervous to do this on my own but I have too!!! So GOOD LUCK Stacey!!! I can't wait to see you in a year!!!! Be safe and please take care of yourself!! I am going to miss you like crazy! You are the love of my life and I can't wait for you to be home so we can live our lives again!!! Stay strong for us!

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee, you ARE strong and brave. Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed. I'm going to start following your blog! Have a good time in Mississippi!

    ReplyDelete